The Checago Bright Foundation (CBF), Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 tax exempt non-profit organization committed to empowering the underprivileged and underserved through capacity building and community development programs in Liberia, West Africa. As the country emerges from 14 years of civil conflict which decimated essential socio-economic infrastructures such as electricity, water treatment, sewerage and garbage collection, road networks, education system, and medical facilities, among others; she needs the collective support of all Liberians and friends of Liberia to help rebuild for the future.
This is where the CBF programs and its services come in handy: providing safe drinking water and sanitation services to improve the health and well-being of poor families; improving the quality of primary education by providing training opportunities for teachers as well as curriculum and pedagogical support, and advocacy to enhance better livelihood of the people of Liberia.
It is in this light that each year CBF selects and recognizes individuals and organizations working in Liberia to improve lives. This year, we would like to invite the public to participate in this process by submitting nominations of notable individuals and organizations that are working in Liberia and outside Liberia.
There are 7 categories under which nominations can be submitted. Unde each category, the nominees must:
- He/she has a recognized record of extraordinary achievement and a proven track record of substantial contribution to the category under which they are nominated.
- He/she has demonstrated a commitment to serve the Liberian community both home and in the diasporas through exceptional contributions.
- He/she must have an impeccable record in the public and good standing in his/her community.
- Write a short story/half bio of the person or organization contributions and achievements both home and abroad.
- No self nominations accepted and an individual or organization can be nominated in only one category.
- Please submit your nomination by October 15, 2014.
- Outstanding Business Leader (business owner, president, vice president)
- Outstanding Humanitarian
- Outstanding Humanitarian Organization
- Outstanding Healthcare Professional
- Outstanding Educator
- Outstanding Service Professional (Military, law enforcement, Firefighter, Engineer, Social Worker)
- Outstanding Student ( College and High Students (transcripts or acceptance letters required)